Did you know that Tall Stories is a registered charity?
We’re on a mission to make sure as many families as possible can watch our shows and share our stories.
We want to ensure that everyone can enjoy the magic of theatre and that no one misses out because they can’t afford tickets, because they find performances inaccessible or because they fear not feeling welcome in a theatre.
If you are able, please make a donation today to help us inspire imaginations, foster a lifelong love of the arts and make sure that absolutely everyone can experience the power of theatre.
£12 covers the average ticket price for one child
£45 covers the price of a family ticket
£100 contributes to the additional costs of a BSL signed performance
What does my donation do?
Your support enables us to break down barriers and create accessible performances, provide free shows and other experiences to families across the UK who would not usually attend the theatre.
Over the last few years Tall Stories has supported many audience initiatives. We have…
- Offered over 100 free tickets to The Gruffalo to families in east London, in partnership with Hackney Empire
- Live-streamed a Christmas performance of Room on the Broom to over 700 children in hospitals in Manchester, in partnership with The Lowry
- Played The Gruffalo at B:Music in Birmingham with a cast of Deaf and hearing actors who blended spoken English, physical storytelling and British Sign Language
- Provided over 50 Access performances across four different tours – including relaxed, British Sign Language and audio described performances, as well as pre-show touch tours
- Welcomed groups from a dozen London schools (including two special educational needs schools) to our studio to see preview performances free of charge, in partnership with Islington Council
- Welcomed family groups from across London to see preview performances free of charge, in partnership with charities The Parent House, Gingerbread and Manor Gardens Centre
With your generosity we could do even more. More tickets, more children, more visits, more life-changing experiences and more fun!
What people say
“There was one young boy, aged 5… He couldn’t quite understand what to expect and said he didn’t really want to go because he didn’t know what the theatre was or what people did there. I sat behind him during the performance and have never seen someone participate quite so enthusiastically! He was ‘ROAR-ing’ with the mouse, trying to help the Gruffalo, and jumping up and down in the songs. At the end of the day – he ran up to his mum beaming saying ‘This was the BEST DAY EVER! I LOVE the theatre!’.”Audience member (youth leader)
“[My daughter] is profoundly Deaf which means that most theatre is not accessible to her. She also has cerebral palsy. Observing her today, I could see she was engaged, followed the show and giggled away. She loved that all the characters could sign and that she understood all of the dialogue. I don’t think I can adequately articulate how much this means to me and how important your work is. I am so incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to share this experience with my daughter.”Birmingham Parent
With your support, we can continue to provide amazing experiences to as many children and families as possible, regardless of their personal circumstances. Thank you.
Grant-making trusts and foundations
We welcome the support of grant-making organisations. To find out more about our work and to explore our fit with your grant-making criteria, please contact us on email@example.com.
We are also happy to discuss opportunities for sponsorship with like-minded companies who share our values: Fun, Excellent and Brave. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to talk further.
To find out more about supporting us, or to donate via another method, please contact us email@example.com or call 020 8348 0080.